Baked Black Bean Burgers
2 Cups Goya Dry Black Beans
3 TBS. Spice Hunter Chili Powder
3 TBS. Spice Hunter Ground Cumin
1 small onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, mincedPompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preparation: Soak the beans overnight, drain and rinse in the morning. Cook in a large pot with water 1 inch from the top for 90 minutes. You can store the beans in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Puree with an immersion blender (we have a KitchenAid) or a food processor (we have an Oster).
- The mixture should be the consistency of dough and hold together well. If it is too wet, add more cornmeal as needed.
- Form into six burgers and place on a baking sheet. Brush olive oil over the top so they do not dry out too much while baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350(F) degrees.
- Optional...top with Daiya Cheddar Cheese!
Roasted Potatoes and Onions
6 small potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
1 large onion, peeled and diced.
1 TBS. Spice Hunter Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. Spice Hunter Sea Salt
2 TBS. Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Place into a glass baking dish and bake for 45 minutes at 375(F) degrees.